Mason containers aren’t just for Grandmas in addition to their homegrown pickles any longer! There are so many distinctive and functional ways to use this classic kitchen staple. Observe my portion on innovative purposes for Mason Jars….and specially when Marlon Wayans (top understand for aˆ?White Chicksaˆ? and aˆ?Scary Movieaˆ?) had a scare of his own as he had the enjoyment of sampling all of our well-known, south delicacy: colder, raw Blueberry Pancakes in a Jar. Hey, it actually was only a prop, I found myselfn’t anticipating anyone to really devour they!
1. rotate your own blender into a magic pill! Everyone loves the idea of the quick fix and it’s really capability to make personalized smoothies considering individual preferences. But my personal 14-year-old blender is still alive and kicking, thus I really do not need to (nor desire to) buy one extra appliance to occupy priceless space for storing.
Did you know a typical mason jar can be utilized instead of the pitcher of many blenders? Yes, it surely can! Numerous removable blade assemblies screw appropriate onto a small-mouth Mason container. I love to store a number best sex hookup apps android of aˆ?smoothie kitsaˆ? (i.e. a mixture of proteins powder, ultra Seed, P2P, flax-seed, etc.) in jars during my kitchen pantry, after that add my favorite frozen good fresh fruit for a quick, single-serve smoothie. And because i could drink they right from container, you will find decreased meals to wash. That’s a WIN-WIN in my situation!
2. Blueberry Pancakes in a Jar. On an active weekday morning who wants to become caught flipping pancakes over a hot griddle? Maybe not me! That is why I REALLY LIKE this amazing time-saver of getting ready-to-cook person Blueberry Pancakes in a Jar. The kiddos can merely grab a jar, take it inside the microwave and break fast try offered…all while you’re gradually moving up out of bed.
Foods 1 cup flour (i take advantage of whole-wheat pastry flour) 1 TB baking dust 2 TB glucose (or Stevia) 2 TB melted butter 3/4 glass dairy Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
Blend flour, cooking powder, and glucose in limited dish, and whisk until merged. Softly stir in melted margarine and dairy until combined. You should not over mix.
Store in a single day in refrigerator. When prepared consume, only seize one, remove the cover, and make into the microwave oven (1 min for smaller containers, or 90 mere seconds for large containers). Top with hot syrup.And the good thing: you can easily devour these straight-out associated with container. Which is LESSONS with a capital aˆ?K,aˆ? ya’ll!
3. Make-ahead green salad in a Jar. They’re amazing to arrange a few days beforehand, store during the fridge and grab when you are headed out the door or maybe just need a quick meal at home. One of the keys is layer the heavier and wet materials INITIALLY, therefore the other products stays crisp and fresh. Here’s an example of simple tips to level the green salad:
1) BASE aˆ“ dressing/liquid 2) Heavy ingredients which last better when submerged in dressing aˆ“ kidney beans, cucumbers, radishes, onion 3) Heavy items which may very well not need straight coming in contact with the dressing when stored 4) Leafy greens/light ingredients which account for plenty of space aˆ“ spinach, kale, chard, arugula 5) handful of big highlight stuff aˆ“ walnuts, seed products, dried fruit, croutons, accent spices 6) TOP aˆ“ colorful foods to perk up your preferences as soon as you pop available the jar aˆ“ good fresh fruit, delicious plants, natural herbs
Photo Credit Score Rating
4. Do-it-yourself Powder Glucose Shaker. I love to sprinkle slightly powdered sugar on french toast or brownies, but undoubtedly there is a huge mess that follows when We pull-out that crumpled case. To prevent that, I put many glasses in a Mason container, grab a lid, hammer and small tack complete. Make multiple holes and…voila…you’ve had gotten yourself a mess-free strategy to appreciate all of that white, powdery goodness!
5. Foam milk products without a frother. Do not have a fancy-schmancy espresso device with attached whole milk steamer? No worries. Merely complete a small jar with some whole milk (at the most halfway) and move before dairy enjoys doubled in dimensions. Pop-off the top and microwave the milk products for half a minute.
6. Homemade Food Gifts Containers. Well, duh, this option’s pretty self-explanatory, but i really couldn’t let it rest around. We have now most likely all gotten or given a aˆ?Cookie combine in a Jar.aˆ? This season we gave ChexA® Muddy BuddiesA® xmas gifts Jars. Look at the tutorial here.
7. Store Bulk ingredients As I return home from Sprouts, I usually bring a number of big, plastic handbags packed with dried beans, quino and raw almonds. To keep facts newly made during the kitchen pantry, i take advantage of my personal handy-dandy KitchenAid Pro Funnel to quickly fill the jars and keep my bulk things in the shops. I do believe my border-line OCD hubby values the effort, too.
8. frost Leftover Soups and Stews in containers. I am aware a lot of us are trying to result in the turn from plastic to glass about delicacies storage space because recent research has connected chemical compounds like BPA, phthalates, and PFCs to health issues in individuals. Whenever possible, i enjoy need jars for items I decide to save for long intervals. I’ll complete a jar with remaining soup, screw regarding the lid, label it utilizing a sharpie, and place they in fridge. Make sure you only fill up to 2/3 saturated in liquid to allow for development otherwise the container may crack.